Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Webcam Based Music Video

Here's something that I some how completely missed for the past few months. But who cares, I'm not Digg and I don't always have to be about new things. Right?

Right.

So, this is a really fun music video by a Japanese artist/band "Sour". From my understanding, at one time the frontman was also based in New York. It's a video made by collaborating with the fans of the band and their webcams. It starts off as a montage of a few webcam shots of people lipsyncing to the video, but you'll be pleasantly surprised by the cutting/editing work as it progresses.

I love how the proliferation of media equipement - like webcams - makes this sort of thing possible. ...and the way the fans are included! What a great way of reaching out to their fanbase.

Also, musically I am really quite surprised by the bridge part: Check out the arrangement and the solo starting at 2:18. Very different for this kind of music. He just distorted a classical guitar and shredded it! and it doesn't sound out of place. Very very cool.

日々の音色 (Hibi no neiro) - by Sour.
Also, Check out their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment