Thursday, January 29, 2009

1970's Blender as an Instrument!

You sometimes hear of artists creating their own instrument, but this is an amusing find. An old 70's blender! Who would have thought that you could make music and a smoothie at the same time.

A fun audio experiment for sure. I wonder what other electrical machines could be turned into instruments this way. All you need is something with varying speeds I guess. Explaining this is futile, just watch it.

*there's some unnecessary foul language in one part*



I'll explain a couple things:
"Gating" - refers to setting a volume threshold. So unless the instrument (in this case a blender) produces a certain amount of volume, that red, blinking machine won't play the signal from the Mic to the speaker (in other words, it's either pure sound or silence).
The part where he is talking about pissing on G&L guitars etc.. is just referring to some very expensive guitars and amps. This guy seems to have something against snobby guitar culture?

1 comment:

  1. I could be wrong, but... I'm pretty sure this is the exact same blender that we had in the house when I was growing up.

    - Benjamin

    ReplyDelete